Monday 2 June 2014

A Simple Hello :)


Firstly, I would like to start off by saying that in no way do I think that I am a nail artist, I am not. I am just a girly girl who likes to do her nails literally all the time and I am always trying out new designs.


Now that that's out the way.. Hello :)! I am a 22 year old girl from Leeds and I absolutely LOVE doing my nails. At first it started off by constantly changing the colour of my nails and experimenting with different colours that suited my skin colour. I then discovered YouTube and came across different nail art tutorials, and I would try to copy the design. This is something which I found that I loved to do!


I am a very creative person, so doing different nail designs came naturally to me. Just like everything else in life, practice made perfect. The more nail designs I did, the better I became. In no way am I up to the standards of a professional nail artist/ technician, but I am much much better than I was a few years ago.


I would constantly post my nail art pictures on Facebook and Instagram, and soon my friends were asking me where I had got my nails done. When I told them that I did them myself, they were shocked and wanted me to do their nails. At this time I was a student and had no job, so I created a Facebook page where I would post all my nail art pictures and it was suggested that people pay me a small amount for me to do their nails.

This was the best decision I ever made, as more people came to know about the nail art that I did and it helped me greatly to improve. Not only was I doing something that I love, but I was also getting paid for it, even if it was only a small amount.


At the beginning, my nail art was very popular among my friends and others. But as time went on, less and less people were willing to pay for my nail art designs. This is something which I expected to happen eventually, so I was grateful for the people who came to me to do their nails.


Currently, I do not do nail art on other people, but I am always changing my own nails and still posting them on to my Facebook page and Instagram.


I decided to create this nail art blog because I believe that it will be useful to others. It would give other girls inspiration for their own nails and to also let them know which products are good and which are not. This blog will give girls ideas and tips on how to make creating nail art that little bit easier.

Thank you for taking the time to read my first blog post and I look forward to creating many for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment